This post is for all fellow PE teachers out there. Since October 31 is right around the corner, I thought I would write a post on fun Halloween games you can use with your PE classes. In addition to fun halloween games & stations, I have included a halloween powerpoint throwing target as well as link to some great halloween music. I hope you find them useful!
Below are a few examples of some fun halloween games and station activities.
- Spider pit – Have students swing on a rope over a pit of spiders (fake of course). Check out this pack of 72 spiders.
- Bowling Station – decorate bowling pins as ghosts (use a black dry erase marker to draw a ghost face on each bowling pin)and use gator balls to knock them over.
- Haunted tunnel – Create a tunnel out of gymnastic mats turned on their sides. Decorate the tunnel with spooky and fun decorations. Have students get in a single file line. Each student then lies on a scooter and pulls their self through the tunnel. Best done with low lighting and halloween music (see below).
- Witches Brew – students try to ring a cauldron (decorated bucket or bin) with frisbees.
- Flying Witches – Tie black fabric to a handful of tennis balls. Using a couple of elastic stretch bands, have students in twodifferent groups work together to launch the witches into a basketball hoop.
Halloween Throwing Target
Another fun halloween game/station that students love is a powerpoint throwing target. For this station, you will need a projector, a large wall, bunches of balls and the below powerpoint throwing target!
You need some fun and spooky music to help get your students in the mood! Below is a 25 song Kidz Bop halloween playlist to play during the fun halloween games & activities.
I hope you are able to use some of the above items to create a fun and memorable physed experience for your students!